Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Anjali long-time dream of becoming a top heroine in Tamil films

0 comments
 


Though Anjali debuted a few years back opposite in the film ‘Katradhu Tamizh’ opposite Jiiva, she is referred to as the ‘Angaadi Theru’ girl in the industry. Thanks to her last year’s Vasanthabalan-directed superhit film ‘Angaadi Theru’, Anjali is slowly but steadily making her way to the top in order to achieve her long-time dream of becoming a top heroine in Tamil films.


After the successful ‘Angaadi Theru’, unfortunately, her next film ‘Rettaichuzhi’ didn’t do well despite the fact that debutant director Thamira had done a decent job and that the film starred the legendary directors K. Balachander and Bharathiraaja in lead roles. She also had a forgettable outing in ‘Magizchi’ late last year opposite director-actor Kalanjiyam.

Her latest film ‘Thoonganagaram’ opposite Vimal, though, is said to be doing average business and this has kept the smile in place on her pretty face. “I have realized that post Angaadi Theru, the fans have started expecting a lot from me. Whenever I do roles that don’t offer fodder for my acting talents, the fans do question me and ask me why should I be doing those films.

“My upcoming film, produced by director A.R. Murugadoss, has a very substantial role for me. When I was initially offered the role, I said I was busy but when Murugadoss Sir narrated the story to me, I immediately signed the project as I found the script very compelling. I play Jai’s heroine in the film and have an equal role as that of the hero. This would be one of the most significant films in my career so far,” informs Anjali.

Leave a Reply