Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Amala too busy to take up new film offers

0 comments
 


Actress Amala Paul hit big time with the super success of her ‘Mynaa’ opposite newcomer Vidarth late last year. The Prabhu Solomon-directed film revived the careers of Amala and Vidharth as well as Solomon himself besides earning them recognition of the highest order from the print and the television media.


Amala, who courted controversy with her forgettable outing in director Samy’s ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ last year, was very happy that ‘Mynaa’ became a hit soon after the debacle of ‘Sindhu….’ and helped erase the bad memories of the latter. With ‘Mynaa’, she also switched over to the name of Amala Paul, the name given by her parents, from Anakha.

She is presently starring in ‘Deiva Magan’ opposite Vikam. The film is being directed by Vijay, whose last year’s ‘Madarasapattinam’ received rave reviews from the movie-goers as well as fans. She has also committed to play the lead role in director Lingusamy’s upcoming film titled ‘Vettai’ opposite Aarya, who is presently shooting for the last leg of director Bala’s ‘Avan Ivan’.

Oddly enough, her call-sheet diary is so full that she has no other option but to say ‘no’ to film offers by leading directors. Says Amala: “Sargunam Sir (the director of last year’s successful Kalavaani) approached me and asked me to play the lead role in ‘Vaagai Sooda Vaa’, a film I had to refuse to star in due to problems with dates.”

“I am extremely disappointed at having missed out on a significant offer. At present, I’m starring in ‘Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaiyae’, which is directed by Ganesh Vinayak. I’m also in talks to play the lead role in director Pandiraj’s next flick. I’m happy that I’m getting big film offers; at the same time, I take extreme care to ensure that the shooting schedule of none of these films is affected because of me,” says Amala, giving us one of her trade-mark smile!

Leave a Reply