Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First time acting in a Bengali film: Padmapriya

0 comments
 


Padmapriya who was acting in South Indian language films is for the first time acting in a Bengali film. She while speaking to the media said," I proved myself as a good actress in the film Pokkisham and as a commercial heroine in the film Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam. 


I don’t demand big salary. I don’t stipulate big conditions. But still I am not able to get Tamil films. Many are asking me whether I am acting in a Bengali film for the sake of award. I am acting in a Bengali film titled Aparajidha. Director Anirundha Rai Chowdary had earlier directed two films.

They have been commercially hit films. It also won National Awards. Because of this I might get an award. I got the award in my first film itself. I was having the image that I am an award winning actress and have changed that image by acting in commercial films. Normally I don’t act in films for award sake. But some of the roles that I do become eligible for awards.

I alone is not responsible for this. It is also the responsibility of the person who created the role."

Leave a Reply