Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Cheran wants to direct Kamal Haasan - Rajnikanth

0 comments
 


Cheran attracted all most everyone with his style of direction. In his open hearted interview he speaks about many things. Here are the excerpts of his interview.


Robo DVD (USA Version from Bhavani DVD)Which is easy for you? Acting or directing?

Acting is easy because it is dependent on another person. In directing films, there are lots of responsibilities. It is still more if we act and direct. Even if we lack a little concentration, the after effects will be worst. It is like a mother delivering twins. If the child is born safely, it is safe for everyone.

What kind of films you like to direct and what kind of films you like to act?

I want to direct a film that will reflect the feelings of everyone in the world. I have already readied a story for this, but I am not getting a producer. As far as acting is concerned I will not say that I am a big actor. For me story and role is important. Sometimes I use to yearn that I did not get certain roles.

Thavamai Thavamirundhu is a wonderful film and it had an impact on everyone. Can we expect a film like this from you again?

I am interested in giving a film like Thavamai Thavamirundhu. But cinema is business. Thavamai Thavamirundhu earned me a good name. But it was not successful like Autograph. As far as cinema is concerned, success at the box office only counts. Other relationships like father-son relationships are also important. I would like to register these. The film Paasamalar which spoke about brother and sister relationship is still much spoken about. The film Portkalam which I directed is also about brother-sister relationship. I want to give a better film about this relationship in future. The taste of the audience will change. I will definitely direct a film like that.

All the directors have the desire to direct Rajnikanth and Kamal Haasan. Do you have that desire?

All the directors will definitely have that desire. But my films are different. I have to include a lot of commercial things for Rajni’s film. There will be a sort of force in Bala’s films and mine. But my films don’t require the investment of Rs 30 or 35 Crores. I have a story for Rajnikanth. That film will be like Mullum Malarum, Aaril Irundhu Aravadhu Varai and Engeyo Ketta Kural. The film will be spoken about for decades. This film will pave a good way for the Tamil people. This film will be an important film for him. It is in his hands to act in that film. It is not in my hands.

Some of the actors are envious that directors have started acting. What have you got to say about this?

What is wrong in acting if we have the talents.

What is the next film that you are directing?

The film is titled Adutha Thalaimurai. The present generation should see this film.

Leave a Reply