Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

New heroine signed for Ajith in Billa 2

0 comments
 


Billa had Ajith in the lead role. Now Part 2 of Billa is being made. This film will also have Ajith in the lead role. Anushka was being considered for the female lead role. But now a Delhi based model and theatre artist Huma Qureshi has been signed to do the female lead role.


The film Billa which had Ajith, Nayanthara and Namitha in the cast was directed by Vishnuvardhan. The film which had the thunderous music by Yuvan Shankar Raja was released in the year 2007. This film turned out to be a super duper hit.

Now, again another film with the title Billa 2 is being produced. Vishnuvardhan who directed the Billa was supposed to direct this film also. But due to some problems, Vishnuvardhan walked out of this project. Now it has been announced that Chakri Toleti who directed the Kamal starrer Unnai Pol Oruvan will be directing this film.

Anushka was being considered for the heroine role but now the Delhi based model Huma has been signed to do the heroine role. It is important to note that this Huma has acted in Ad films along with Sharukh Khan and Amir Khan. She is also doing the female lead role in the Hindi remake of Subramaniapuram.

Huma while speaking about acting in Billa 2 said," I am very happy that I am acting in Billa 2. At the same time it is also great surprises for me because I am going to pair with Ajith sir in my first Tamil film itself. I am really overjoyed. When the director narrated my role, I lost my heart for the role. My role is so beautiful and has lot of importance."

Leave a Reply