Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The curious case of Priyamani is a strange one

0 comments
 


The case of actress Priyamani is a strange one. Unlike her contemporaries like Sneha and Trisha, Priyamani has a good voice and invariably dubs for her characters in almost all her films. She has a pretty face, a reasonably curvy figure, acting prowess, etc. All these traits, however, hasn’t helped her reach the top in Kollywood and cement her place there.


Priyamani, the winner for the national award for ‘best actress’ for her amazing portrayal of a village belle in director Ameer’s ‘Paruthiveeran’, was last spotted in Tamil screen late last year in small roles in two significant films made by two maverick directors.

She starred as Vikram’s sister in Maniratnam’s ‘Raavan’ and as Suriya’s love interest (brief role, though) in Ram Gopal Verma’s ‘Ratha Sarithiram’. With both the films biting the dust at the box-office, Priyamani is back to ‘Square A’, and is now seriously on the look out for a career-turning role in Kollywood.

Speaking to newspersons in Hyderabad recently, she has said that “I have clearly understood that it won’t be beneficial for an actress to say that she would only be doing roles of her own liking. I have now decided to take whatever offer comes my way. If I like the script, I do have the habit of getting completely involved in the character.

“As far as possible, I put in my best effort in all my films and can’t be held responsible if the films don’t do well. While choosing films, I don’t do so with the intention of winning awards. As a matter of fact, nobody can plan and win award(s) for a particular film,” concluded Priyamani.

Leave a Reply