Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My first dual role in Singampuli: Jiiva

0 comments
 


His first release of the year promises to be a blast of action, comedy and romance. Not only that, for actor Jiiva, it' a big step ahead as he takes on the challenge of a dual role with the release of his Singampuli this Friday (Feb 4). In this exclusive chat, Jiiva opens up about the film and how excited he is


Singam PuliWhat's your role in Singampuli?
I play Ashok, a lawyer and Siva, a fisherman. They are two men with different temperaments. It's a pucca commercial film and the first release for me this year, so I am real excited. Divya and Soundarya are my two heroines. One character has the kasimedu touch, a very local guy. People have liked me in such roles earlier after SMS became a hit. So I am hoping they will like this too.

Tell us about the songs in the film?
Mani Sharma has done the music. Theres an interesting Kuthu number with Divya on a fisherman̢۪s colony set in a Kalyana Mandapam. I have 2 solo songs and one mass song as well. We shot 2 songs in Thailand and one song in Muscat.

What were the challenges of a dual role for you?
Well, getting in and out of characters was tough and we shot them together many times, so it was tiring physically. I have director Sai Ramani to thank for handling it so well. Apart from that, the two men are very different in temperament and from two different social strata. So getting their body language and feel of the character right was important. I am confident that the roles will we talked about.

Is there your usual bout of comedy?
Yes, I team up with Santhanam again and it's a laugh riot. In one place he has a lady get up which is hilarious. This is my second film with him.

What are the other releases this year for you?
I have Ko with KV Anand which should be out soon where I play a photojournalist. Then there is Rowdram and Nanban with Shankar, which is the remake of Three Idiots. So its quite an exciting year ahead for me.


Leave a Reply